Thursday, June 6, 2013

Mashed Potatoes and Chives? Or not?

If you are one of those individuals that stay away from potatoes, especially mashed potatoes, I have to share this delicious substitute with you - Mocked Garlic Mashed Potatoes, well more like Garlic Mashed Cauliflower. Don't shake your head in disgust.  This recipe was so good.  My husband even enjoyed them. 

I've made mashed cauliflower before, and they were...okay.  But, I really enjoyed these.  It doesn't require 8 hours of preparation either.


You can find the original recipe here.  It's on the Food Network site.  I made a slight change to the ingredients.

Ingredients
  • 1 medium head cauliflower
  • 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened (instead of regular cream cheese, I used Neufchâtel cream cheese)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Whenever you substitute, be sure to look at the sodium content.  Most times the alternative may be lower in calories and fat and very high in sodium.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment