Thursday, June 6, 2013

Baby Potatoes w/ Tomato-Corn Sauté

I love good food.  When you eat to live and not live to eat, your body and taste buds rejoice!  My only suggestion is that if you plan and prep ahead, cooking is not so burdensome. Besides, the leftovers make great lunches too.

This recipe was in the recent issue of Cooking Light, but is available here.  I opt for fresh ingredients whenever possible.  I did use frozen corn, not the canned version (high in sodium).  I thawed the corn in bowl of water while I prepped the rest of the food.  Again, if you take a day, maybe on your day off, you can take the time then to do your extra prep work.





Since, I substituted the fresh corn for frozen, the cost was a bit lower.

Ingredients
  • 12 ounces small baby potatoes, halved
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears or 1 bag of frozen corn kernels)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons thinly sliced garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup) I used the grated Parmesan cheese, but the preference is yours.
Serves 4 (serving size: 3/4 cup) Calories 168; Fat 6.9g (Sat 0.6g); Sodium 338mg

No comments:

Post a Comment