Sunday, October 13, 2013

Green Apples and Walnut Salad

When it comes to eathing healthy, having salads every day or every other day is not my healthy eating vision.  But, when I do want a salad, I enjoy them to the fullest. While in the grocery story, I really wanted to have some fresh strawberries and have them in a salad with walnuts.  Well, the strawberries were so far from being attractive that day in the store.  I was so bummed because I could just taste the salad in my head.

I had already grabbed a bag of green apples, to have for my apples/natural peanut butter snack. I had went to the grocery store primarily to buy some strawberries for the salad.  Then, it hit me. Slice the apples and toss them into the salad!

DUH!!! Before I knew it, my mind had already came up with making some poppyseed dressing to drizzle onto the salad. I regained my excitement and was happy that my lunch menu for the week was even more exciting. 

I'm sure many of you have those moments. Right?

Ingredients:
  • Granny Smith apples
  • Salad mix of your choice (I used the Spring Mix)
  • Healthy Poppy Seed Salad dressing (click here for the recipe)
  • Walnuts (rich in Omega 3s)


Salad rich in fiber, healthy fat, Vitamin E and omega 3s - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment