Friday, February 21, 2014

Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie

I love strawberries.  I love chocolate.  I love strawberries dipped in chocolate [pause...need a moment]. Together, they are such a beautiful and mouth savoring combination.  One one of my shopping trips to Sam's Club, I happened to have grabbed a bag of frozen strawberries. I figured, why not start making some strawberry smoothies. Simple, right? Nothing to it. I had some Silk Pure Almond Milk at home. I was all set. That's what I thought. Things changed as I went onto my next stop, the grocery store. I went to purchase my husband's choice of milk and then it hit me. I happened to glance over at the Silk Pure Dark Chocolate Almond Milk


Ah, YES!!! Of course! Why not blend the frozen strawberries, with the dark chocolate almond milk and have the joy of chocolate and strawberries!???!!! I couldn't wait to get home to create. 

What you need:
1 cup of Silk Dark Chocolate Pure Almond Milk
1 cup of frozen strawberries
1 banana (doesn't have to be frozen, but if you want, place the banana in the freezer the night before)

Press the smoothie setting on your blender or whatever appliance you make your smoothies with. Smooth it all together. Pour into a large cup and enjoy. Yields about 20 ounces. 





What seemed to be an innocent purchase has turned out to be part of a morning ritual sipping chocolate and strawberries in a cup.







Está tan bueno!


No comments:

Post a Comment